Monday 22 July 2013

LABOUR OF LOVE...

This morning I awoke to another brilliantly sunny day and when I looked out of the window, my ageing yellow VW Beetle was covered with a layer of polleny stuff.

So I brushed it down with a soft brush and then I did something I've never done before...I got a bucket of water and a sponge and started to clean my old 'Love Bug' in the sunshine.

Previously, I've always taken my car to a car wash. Or let those blokey blokes in the supermarket carpark take car of it. After all, being blokes, they know better than me how to clean a car. I thought.

But then some friends told us that they clean their cars at least once a week with a simple bucket of water and a sponge.

Admitedly one of these friends runs a rather posh chauffeur service so his car has to look nice and clean all the time. Whereas sometimes, I let my car go for weeks without so much as a 'lick and a promise'.

It was really a labour of love because I didn't have to do that job today.

Unlike the Duchess of Cambridge.

After all this 'waiting', her time has now come. Apparently, her labour of love is just beginning.

To all those who labour today (including my beloved son, who is studying hard for exams), good luck
and God bless!

2 comments:

Virtual Linguist said...

I hope all your good work wasn't undone by the thunderstorm today, Su!

taffdancer said...

Not really because I managed to get all the 'sticky stuff' off the car - which the rain would have made worse.

In the weather we had last year, I would not have dreamed of cleaning my car on the drive; and it seems I've only just managed it this year before the 'monsoon' season.