Thursday 10 March 2011

Barbie for the Facebook Generation......

I ended my last blogpost by wondering what had happened to Barbie's boyfriend Ken. My friend who blogs as 'Virtual Linguist' said she'd heard that Barbie and Ken had split up several years ago. That made me curious enough to look it up on Wikipedia and, sure enough (my friend is much better with the research than I am), it says they split up in 2004. HOWEVER, in 2006,there were reports that they were hoping to get back together again after Ken got a makeover. In fact, I was amazed at what I found, looking through the masses of factual information about Barbie and her 'on-off boyfriend' as Ken is often described. Alternative lifestyles, lawsuits, it's all there. In fact, talking of lawsuits, I hereby retract what I said about Barbie being a 'blonde bitch' in my last post. Barbie has big money and power behind those fluttering false eyelashes and anyone who even hints that she might be some kind of trailer-trash slut better look out!

No comments: