Tuesday 22 February 2011

No such thing as a free teabag offer!

I noticed that a certain brand of tea carried a 'try me free' offer the other day; so I put one in my shopping basket at the supermarket.

When I looked at the small print, I noticed that the offer was 'Internet only' and that I had to give my bank account details in order to get a refund on the £1.75 which I had spent on the product. Alternatively, I could claim a 'free' pashmina (as long as I spent £3.99 on postage) or some garden seeds (also if I paid the postage).

If none of these alternatives were acceptable to me, I could let them 'donate' my £1.75 to the 'Rain Forests'. Now, faced with that choice, what kind of hard-hearted, anti-social 'miseryguts' is NOT going to contribute to such a worthy cause?

Me. That's who. I am annoyed with the makers of this tea and I have sent them an email to say I won't be using any of their products in the future. However,I am even more annoyed with myself for getting 'hooked' by such a 'too good to be true' offer.

No comments: